-
January 31st, 2008, 11:30 AM
#1
HB Forum Owner
being ill?
because i'm certainly sick to death of it. hmm, almost literally.
...feel free to continue. i will find something else to ask you if you are sick of tomorrow. *L*
-
January 31st, 2008, 12:04 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
I know i do RA, it gets very fustrating and tiring ...I have no faith in getting better unless next week and the 4 weeks after that becomes a miracle for me
sorry to hear that you're not feeling too well
-
January 31st, 2008, 03:14 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
Yup...I have had more trouble with migraines lately and the only thing my neurologist can think of is that the hormonal surges with the pregnancy is causing them. Unfortunately I am allergic to the Imitrex drugs and the distant cousins of it even. We have tried EVERYTHING. My Neurologist said I am pretty much stuck taking a narcotic to knock me out since it is the only thing strong enough to break them and get me to sleep through them because of the severity of them. I have been in the ER so much that they look at me like I am an addict even though I called my neurologist and was told to call back this Friday and they would either up my dosage on my migraine preventative or switch my medication. This last trip they put me on a cocktail of adivan, reglan and benadryl with magnesium and 2 liters of IV fluids which shot me right into a panic attack from hell which damn near had me ripping out my IV. Not too mention I was pretty much hyperventilating, crying and then proceeding to throw up and dry heave. And it is the SAME damn thing it did to me LAST time they tried it a couple months ago. Evidentally 1 in 10 people have this reaction to the Reglan. The benadryl is "supposed" to counteract it. It didn't counteract it. So they let the fluid run through and went to take everything out and went to stick me with something else and of course I thought I was going to be tortured again cause my head was still pounding and felt worse than before...my blood pressure went up. And stupid me when she undid the IV bags that were empty I was like "what is that?" because at that point I just wanted to go home. I was still panicky and I wanted to go home. The nurse was like "this is dilaudid and we're sending you home with a walking dose and you need to get ahold of the people at George Fox about pain management and....". At this point Daniel was just kind of like WTF. Since I had explained to them what my Neurologist told me about just getting put back on the preventative within the past month that it was going to take it a month or so to build up in my system and they would have to either increase the dose or put me on something else. I also explained I am getting tired of this. Cause I am. When I got the preventative in my system a few years back before I didn't get the migraines but maybe once or twice a year. I swear if it isn't one thing it is another. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]
<font color="#796570" size="1">[ January 31, 2008 11:20 AM: Message edited by: BlackMagicRose ]</font>
-
February 1st, 2008, 04:45 AM
#4
HB Forum Owner
i have had some sugar issues for the past couple of weeks. i just can't get it to stabilize... i can't recover from the cheating i did at christmas... all the baking... cooking.. tasting... and flat out EATING... it's my own fault... but damn, i am being GOOD now! and it just won't stay consistent throughout the day... it will crash really low and make me pass out... or if not, at the very least i get really really tired and sluggish... with a really bad headache... and i just can't... function. passing out in your car and not waking up til your mom, who has been waiting for you to come for dinner for the past hour, knocks on the window freaking out.... i dunno. maybe i was just really... really tired? lol. hmmm. maybe SOMEONE will buy that. *L*
anyway, everything else is finally doing well... that's the only thing that is bothering me right now... i can't stand this headache i have had for this makes 3 days in a row now.... and i have never felt LESS like eating, which is bad when i am having episodes of crashing sugar... i've lost 6 pounds in the past 2 days because i barely eating anything, but i just.... can't. granted, i could still stand to lose a few pounds, yes, lol. but... feeling like this isn't worth the pounds lost. *L* i get so.... edgy... and... hysterical-like... either that, or zombiefied... i don't make sense, i get pissed because i can't reason things out, and flat out hostile and hyper in some cases. Then people think you are just showing your ass when really you have no fucking idea WHAT you're doing at that point... i find it odd that people hold things against you that you can't help... i never do that... i try to be patient with people when they don't feel well, have pain issues, and they snap at me even though i've done nothing wrong... it happens to everyone on occasion... no exceptions.
i hope you start feeling better, CG... and you too BMR... i'd say the hormones ARE the cause of your headaches... because i generally get a horrible one that lasts anywhere from 2-3 days, once a month... because of my hormonal imbalance issues... yours are in constant fluctuation right now, so that makes sense to me... *nodding*....
and sometimes i just wanna find CG and give her a big hug... because dealing with a chronic, ongoing illness can be wearing over time... i never realized, quite honestly... until i was put in that position... sure, it's not such a big deal to manage and deal with for a LITTLE while... but after a while... you get frustrated, fed up, and just flat out tired of dealing with it....
*hugggs you both*.... [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
February 1st, 2008, 07:45 AM
#5
HB Forum Owner
I like providence, but next time Kristin is following a Dr.'s recommendation, and they allude to her being an addict, I'm either going to go postal on their ass, or file a grievance with the state and federal medical licensing authorities. Maybe both, but I can guarantee you that will get their attention... They pissed me off by telling her to go home and tylenol at first, to fucking reaching for the most powerful (and addictive) narcotic they had right off the bat....
-
February 3rd, 2008, 03:09 AM
#6
HB Forum Owner
The chronic migraines are absolutely horrible
especially when the doctors and nurses act like
you are just there for the meds! I have fought
with my doctor and the emergency room for way
too many years, tired of hearing it was all in my
head...well hell yeah it is in my head! I have
a fuking migraine assholes! UGH!!!!!!!!!!
I am tired of doctors acting like a migraine is
not a legitimate illness....even after all the
testing I went through and they see Oh yeah,
blinking lights start a "migraine seizure" there
may be an issue! Yes I understand there are
people out there that use it for an excuse to get
pain killers but damn...give us that need it a
little respect!
*HUGS* to all 3 of you
-
February 8th, 2008, 05:11 AM
#7
Inactive Member
gotta love the inconsiderate assholes in life. they just make it so damn interesting. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]
-
February 8th, 2008, 04:07 PM
#8
HB Forum Owner
...people being inconsiderate ASSHOLES?
i do. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]
-
February 9th, 2008, 01:21 AM
#9
HB Forum Owner
I get tired of whiny assed motherfuckers who try
to make themselves sound so intelluctual when they
really look like whiny assed motherfuckers! [img]mad.gif[/img]
[img]biggrin.gif[/img] I am done now................*L*
-
February 9th, 2008, 10:54 PM
#10
Inactive Member
if you dont name names its just gossip....and thats no fun at all... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
haven for the fallen
Bookmarks